The Catholic Parish of Papamoa Coast, Bay of Plenty has a position available for a youth co-ordinator to run youth programmes in the parishes and the children’s Sacramental program. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
This role requires:
Excellent communication skills;
A sound knowledge of Catholic teaching;
Good organisation and planning skills;
A strong empathy with youth;
Lots of energy!
Applicants will be committed to actively living out their faith in a vibrant way, sharing it and encouraging the growth of young people’s faith and participating in the mission of the church.
There is some flexibility around the scope of the role to suit the right individual. If interested, contact Jan Baker, Parish Secretary, All Saints Parish By the Sea Office, phone 07 575 4807 ext 2 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 8th December 2017.
ALL SAINTS BY THE SEA PARISH
15 hours per week
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Roman Catholic Bishop of Hamilton
RESPONSIBLE TO: Parish Priest All Saints By the Sea
ROLE: To run youth program for school years 7 - 13
To run Children’s Sacramental Program
To support Youth Alpha
FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH:
Good working relationships are expected to be maintained at all times with:
• Parish Clergy
• Other Pastoral staff
• Diocesan Director of Youth Ministry
KEY TASKS EXPECTED OUTCOMES
To provide resources, promote and co-ordinate youth group for school aged year 7 to year 13 parishioners and support and train group leaders.
• Run weekly youth group meetings during the school year, excluding school holidays
• Find and support leaders for youth group
• Encourage the youth of the parish to participate in diocesan youth events for example: Setfree youth conference
• Promote international events as appropriate, such as World Youth Day
To provide resources, promote and co-ordinate the Children’s Sacramental program and RCIC •
To prepare children for 1st Reconciliation, Confirmation and Holy Communion
• To facilitate a Sacramental Family camp
• To support and encourage parents to be involved in preparation
To support running of Youth Alpha in conjunction with Parish Pastoral Worker
• Be present at Youth Alpha Meetings when held and assist in presentations
• To regularly communicate with the parish priest and parish clergy to ensure they are fully informed of youth activities that are planned and undertaken in the parish.
• Maintain wider networks within the Diocesan youth team
• Work closely with schools and parents to facilitate participation by young people.
• The engagement of young people in their faith and the quality of the sessions held at the regular meetings
• A strong and productive working relationship with the Parish Priest and fellow pastoral workers
• The promotion and formation of lay leaders in these roles.
• Following of Church and Government processes and procedures
• A actively practicing catholic that holds true to all the teachings of the catholic church
• A sound knowledge of basic catholic theology
• Are comfortable expressing and sharing their catholic faith with others
• Excellent communication skills and a strong empathy with youth
• A passion to see others grow in their faith
• A strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile
An App that you install on your android or iPhone is now available, features include links to parish rosters, newsletters, latest news, contact info, plus you will be alerted of events upcoming as a reminder such as Mass changes, feast days etc. Further details will be advised at 9.30am Mass Sunday 24th September.
This month Bishop Steve launched "With Hearts Burning", this is an invitation to join with the Bishop as he reflects on the disciple's journey with Christ on the Road to Emmaus. He will release 6 modules over the next year.
The first module has been distributed at recents masses and copies are available in the foyer. We will have a parish Emmaus meal to support our reflection in the coming weeks. More information is available on the Diocesan website www.whb.cdh.nz